Thursday, October 25, 2007

An Argument for Separatist Rural Living

(While driving through retail sprawl...)

Small Girl: "I see an owl! MOM. An OWL! Mooooooooom."

Mother: "????"

Small Girl: "IseeanowlIseeanowlIseeanowl."

Mother: "Um. In the sky?"

Small Girl: "No. I see an owl on a building and it was looking at me and its eyes in the letters-IN THE LETTERS!-and that make me funny. It make me too laughing. Owwwwwl."

Mother: "That's.....cool. "
(Continues to drive; has no idea what small girl is talking about until much, much, later when this dawns on her. Considers a move to the sticks, where people get their buffalo wings the honest way: from fat, middle-aged guys running the only bar in town.)

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

It took me a minute, but I got it. Nooooo!

Melanie said...

I know. Gross, right? Kind of like Joe Camel, but T&A instead of tobacco.