- A stale, crunchy taco shell filled with cheese and dipped in ketchup. Just ketchup.
- One handful of chocolate covered coffee beans JUST TO KEEP MOVING.
- A warm Diet Dr. Pepper and six microwaved frozen mini-quiches.
- Two pouches of Target-brand fruit snacks and a 4 oz. apple juice box (with bendy straw).
- Canned pears topped with pre-shredded cheddar cheese and washed down with chocolate Quick.
- Leftover steamed rice topped with crunchy chow-mein noodles, shredded coconut, and mango-peach salsa.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Regrettable Things I have Eaten For Lunch
When you're a stay-at-home parent to very small children, you eat a fair amount of mid-day meals hastily, usually standing in the kitchen, often in the same clothes you slept in. And, despite being sagely warned that no one cares what I had for lunch, I thought I'd compile a short list of the most memorably regrettable things I've eaten over the past three years. They include: