Saturday, January 5, 2008

Because An Elephant's Faithful, 100%


Ellie, upon overhearing my dad's conversation about a friend in the hospital, his condition, and a discussion with his doctors, says:

"I not like listening to doctors, Pop. I not like doctors very much. I like....elephants."

The next time she's is having a full-on freak out in the pediatrician's office, I'll just tell the good doctor, Listen, it's nothing personal; this would be fine if you were just an elephant. So...can you refer us to one?

10 comments:

Family Adventure said...

That's a clever girl you have there -- there is no way and elephant would be able to prod and poke as much as those pesky pediatricians.

Heidi

Lisa Milton said...

Smart girl - I want an elephant doctor too.

Professor J said...

I am reading Water for Elephants right now, and I agree with Ellie. I like elephants more than doctors.

Melanie said...

Prof J.: I'm reading it, too! I got it for Christmas. The author won my heart by using that "Horton" quote in the frontispiece.

Nora Bee said...

She is a smart cookie, that Ellie. And so are YOU, using a big word like frontispiece. Just throwing it around there in the comments section. I'm impressed, I'd have to stew and plan for hours to use that in a sentence.

Mrs. G. said...

Well if that doesn't work, I'm sure she would be more than willing to offer up Jimmy to the medial gods...I rememer the glee she took in his last doctor's visit.

Elephants are quite charming.

Christina. B said...

Smart girl...cute too!

Mary Ann said...

Just wait. One day your sweet princess will use a phrase similar to this - I bet (fill in the blank) is hung like an elephant and your face will fall off. And then you will need a doctor.

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Let me know how that goes. I would LOVE to see an elephant instead of a regular doctor.

Veronica Mitchell said...

So do elephants do dentistry? Cause that trunk looks like it could manage anything.