Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Croptop Dickie: Funnier Than His Sister

Please enjoy my brother's comment on this post:

"I once owned a one-half stake in a Roomba. His name was Sebastian and he cleaned filth of all manner with fervor and zeal.


Sadly, Sebastian fell prey to one of the many Pabst Blue Ribbon puddles in my then skeevy San Diego bachelor pad. He was never the same.

I donated his parts to science and unwittingly thrust him into this life. Farewell Sebastian, farewell."

I have long wanted Martha Stewart to employ my brother at the helm of a new publication, targeted at the young bachelor set, called "Marginal LIVING."

Martha, if you're out there, call me.

9 comments:

Professor J said...

Marginal Living. Excellent. I think there is a real market for this.

Rima said...

I think Martha *just might* be reading your blog, Melanie. It is a very pleasing blog to look at (and read.)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Ten points for using the word "skeevy"!

Mrs. G. said...

I would suscribe. I have always liked Croptop Dickie, but the idea of Pabst Blue Ribbon puddles has only increased my ardor. He's like your version of Sedaris' Rooster.

Melanie said...

Prof J: There HAS to be, right?

Rima: I think Martha would be appalled, but thanks so much just the same!

Tootsie: Trust me. The boy knows from skeevy.

Mrs G: The Rooster! Love it. Dickie is nowhere near as appalling as the Rooster, sadly. I wish.

Family Adventure said...

Marginal living. I love it!

Heidi

Amy the Mom said...

I wish I had a brother.

Lisa Milton said...

Awesome. I need Marginal Living...

Nora Bee said...

Melanie: I hear you. It's in the pipeline. Your brother rocks. --Martha S.