Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Look, More 'Paste

Those of you who come round here regularly (you few, you proud, you staggeringly attractive and dearly loved) have probably noticed cosmetic changes to the old Beanpaste. It's true: she became whiter, lighter, wider, and may have had a teeny bit of Botox for the new year. I'm happy with the changes, so much so that my OCD tendencies have settled down and I won't be moving to Wordpress for now.

The new template is wider to better accommodate the gorgeous, nifty PictoBrowser I love so dearly. To demonstrate, I will now present....prepare yourself....photographs of my glass Christmas ornament collection. Because I am actually seventy-two.

Keep in mind: I couldn't actually put the majority of my ornaments on this year's tree for fear of Jimmy the Frankentot cluelessly, gleefully smashing them all within the hour. But I love them and miss them all year, so I spent a little time untucking a few from their boxes, unwrapping their tissue, and photographing them obsessively from a variety of angles. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I love the new look! It is fresh and clean and smells like my favorite fabric softener.

I adore looking at your frillions of photographs.

Family Adventure said...

Your new look is crisp, clean and beautiful. And your ornaments are fab.

Heidi

Veronica Mitchell said...

The site looks great.

When I was a kid, I smashed dozens of my mother's ornaments. She had the antique, blown glass kind that crumbled if I just held them too tight.

A few years ago, I found an exactly similar ornament at an antique store. I sent it to her for Mother's Day.

She didn't remember the ornament smashing at all.

Mary Ann said...

You are my absolute favorite 72-year old woman. Well, except for that one lady named Twyla who works at the Holiday Inn restaurant in town and calls me "sugar honey" and always has lipstick smeared down her chin while her wig is on crooked. Other than her, you win.

Magpie said...

I love your ornaments - I'm an all-glass tree decorator myself. Except for a few at the bottom that the child is allowed to fondle. I bought too small (skinny) a tree this year, and couldn't put them all up.

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Love the new design, love the photo set.

Professor J said...

Looking good, Melanie. I love your ornaments! I always enjoy your photos. You have a good eye for a 73 year old.

Rima said...

I love your look! I want to put your blog on my mantle.

MamaBird said...

Frankentot, heh heh. Love that, love your beautiful site (and I thought it was gaspingly well designed before).

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I love it!! I want mine wider! *stomp pout*