Friday, January 11, 2008

People Are People; Babies Are Delicious

In the spirit of our recent discussion re: musical detritus of the seventies and eighties (splashed all over this blog like so many bugs on a windshield), I wanted to show you a little something made by reader and Etsy seller Sweet Pepita. She reduces, reuses, and recycles by creating darling, one-of-a-kind baby clothes out of bona-fide vintage T-shirts. No Old Navy nonsense for Pepita!

So, check it:

Put this Depeche Mode lap tee on your toddler and they're guaranteed instant cred with half the playground parents. The kid will be fielding free Goldfish crackers and play-date offers left and right.

Also, this hat is the kind of thing that begets wanton baby-eating. You've been warned.

(All images by Sweet Pepita)

15 comments:

Lisa Milton said...

That baby is smoochalicious. It's a technical term.

Mary Alice said...

yummy baby. May I pinch her cheeks and smell her neck?

hippyhappyhay said...

Vintage rocks and that picture is amazing! She is scrummy, yummy.

Mrs. G. said...

Do the sweet pink cheeks come with the hat? I'd pay extra!

lisamm said...

Dang that's one cute baby! The hat's ok too.

stephanie said...

Okay yes, babies are darling, but I want a handmade t-shirt with Depeche Mode on it!

Color me selfish. I'm e-mailing Pepita.

Loralee Choate said...

OMGOSH!

I suddenly have "Black Celebration" going through my head.

AWESOME.

Sharon said...

That baby is way too cute. Even without the hat, I suspect she'd still be way too cute!

Angie said...

Depeche Mode?? Where was this stuff when my kids were little? Love that hat, too - adorable.

Cheri said...

Yummy hat! Great photos.

First-time reader. I shall return . . .

Minnesota Matron said...

Oh my God: that hat makes me want a fourth child just so I can tote around a tot that cute. Love all of these wonderful, nummy goodies. The very sad thing about preteens is that I can't dress them.

Family Adventure said...

I love that tee.

And the baby. Definitely the baby.

Heidi

K said...

Ok, I'm really glad to know that I'm not the only one who has the urge to EAT cute babies. I thought I was alone in my wonton chomping of fat baby cheeks, but now I see that I'm among very good company.

Nora Bee said...

Love that hat! Yum!

sassy said...

Yikes ! Elfy cuteness overload !