Friday, January 4, 2008

The San Francisco Treat, Naturally

Yes, good people at Pasta-Roni, I will occasionally purchase your product for those cold winter days when toddler lunch preparation and kitchen mess seem particularly exhausting, and I do appreciate that you're offering more natural, organic-esque options, but let's just drop the act, OK?

I may be a feeble-minded young (ish?) mother, but I'm pretty sure "Nature's Way" doesn't involve a box of dried noodles and a Special Seasonings Packet.

Ooooh, the Special Seasonings Packet is even brown. Just as Nature intended. I like to think these sprang up from the earth in a field somewhere north of San Francisco, fully formed and filled to the brim with Special.

15 comments:

Veronica Mitchell said...

Mmm. Preservativalicious.

Melanie said...

Oh, no. It's No Preservativalicious.

What am I, a BAD MOM?

Nora Bee said...

It is clearly harvested fresh from the Special Seasonings Packet orchard and delivered straight to you. Which makes you a VERY GOOD MOTHER.

Mary Ann said...

Oh, we grow those right here in Ohio. In fact, I planted some this summer! I must have done something wrong though, because the little packets came out white instead of brown. Might have been the chemicals...

Mrs. G. said...

This reminds me of the new Diet Coke Plus which, along with its original recipe of carcinogens, is enriched with vitamins AND minerals.

Family Adventure said...

LOL! What's killing me is that they added the word 'flavor'.

Just in case some harried mom took Nature's Way to mean 'the real thing', right?!

Heidi

Professor J said...

I LOVE natural food.

barb michelen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire B. said...

I like how "Creamy" is in English, but "Parmesano" is in, er, Italian?
or Italian-o

Sheila Ann said...

Is their a new diet coke plus?

Christina. B said...

Natural seems to have taken on a whole new meaning.

stephanie said...

I like the "ALL NATURAL PASTA" reassurance, because synthetic pasta just seems wrong & gross.

Good for you, granola mama. Don't worry - I'm the BAD MOM.

Mary Alice said...

Well, they still have a little way to go before they sell me. Their box needs to have some green on in...green says natural and organic.

minnesotamom said...

Glad you're at least (best?) aware that it's craptastic...as it slides down your throat. Oh, the times I've been guilty of this...

Christine said...

I've been reading your blog and silently chuckling to myself, imagining the ways I could blog like you. After this post, I must say, I'm a fan. I will definitely be back. Hopefully I will eventually find my direction...but right now I'm content to read blogs like this when I can't think of anything worth saying. LOVE IT!