Thursday, January 3, 2008

Super-Special Top-Secret Spousal Coming Attraction

I know that many of you alternate between pity for and gentle mockery of my long-suffering husband. Yes, he has truly regrettable taste in DVD rentals and, yes, he really seemed to think that was a crouton in his lung, but he is A Good Guy, through and through. A Great Guy, really. He's kind and sweet and dependable and hilarious and wonderful with our children. Just see for yourself:

And also:

Not to mention:

Marrying this guy was, truly, the soundest, wisest, best decision I've ever made.

One more thing: I'm buttering him up because, in a few short days, he will be making a guest appearance on this blog. I know.

And while the content of his post is top secret, he assures me that it will not address, refute, or in any way acknowledge the Crouton Lung Incident. So here are my own guesses as to the content of his post:
  • Beards (benefits of, his wife's hatred of)
  • Giant Squid (they're awesome, right?)
  • David Lynch (also awesome)
  • Frank Zappa (awesomest)
  • Cooking (his hidden talent of, his wife's claims he has no skill at)
  • His Wife (general irritation with, specific mockery of)
He is urging me to post his content "sight unseen" as a show of my blogging bravado and undying love. I'll agree to his terms, but only because I have in my possession scores of photos like these:

That'll keep him honest.

18 comments:

Nora Bee said...

How exciting! Can't wait.

Family Adventure said...

*snicker* Awesome pix. Can't wait to read the guest post :)

Heidi

Sheila Ann said...

Looking forward to it!

Rima said...

I love the occasional husband guest post. Husbands, in general, are unassumingly hilarious.

Veronica Mitchell said...

Love the photos.

And men without beards are just big ugly women.

Professor J said...

I can't wait to meet Mr. Paste.

Melanie said...

Veronica: No! Stop! No pro-beard commentary. We're having a lot of facial hair tension in this home.

Mary Alice said...

Wow. With the beard Mr. Paste looks an awful lot like someone I grew up with. Does he have family in Northern California?

Mrs. G. said...

As long as he does not blog about Blade Runner or the making of Blade Runner, I will be here anxiously waiting. Otherwise, I'll send over Mr. G.

Loralee Choate said...

It is clear that your husband and my husband are in competition to see who can be the top dawg in the "Pa Ingalls meets Grizzly Adams" Club.

(He swore he liked the "Clean cut" look when we were dating. Ha.)

P.S.
Awe, show the man some Highlander love. I made an idiot of myself in September screeching "Who wants to live forever" at the Castle MacLoud (Of the Clan MacLoud)in Scotland. Heee!

Melanie said...

Mary Alice: Not that I know of, unless he's got some sort of secret second family going on. In which case, more power to him and his excellent multi-tasking skills.

Mrs. G: Not Blade Runner, but possibly Eraserhead.

Loralee: Yeah, there were no beards when we were dating. He claims that I knew he wanted, nay NEEDED, elaborate facial hair to make his life complete, but whatever. It's killing me.

Camellia said...

You got me. I can't wait to read the blind blog...plus there is always the possibility of more pictures.

hippyhappyhay said...

LOL If he's as funny as you I'm staying tuned!

sassy said...

Beanie, he honestly looks like he might get along with my Manboy.

Melanie said...

Camellia: Thanks for stopping by! Around here, there is always, always the possibility of more pictures...

Hippyhappyhay: He's funnier, but don't tell him that. Thanks for tuning in.

Sassy: They need a trans-Atlantic playdate.

Lisa Milton said...

I can't hear what Mr. CroutonShard Lung has to offer up - shall be good stuff, no?

coolbeans said...

My husband has dark hair and reddish facial hair. It struck me how similar they look. My four-year old was reading over my shoulder and said, "Wait! Go back up." I scrolled up to the first picture of your husband and my guy giggled and said, "That's my dad!"

minnesotamom said...

Totally with you on the facial hair front. And actually, this post seems to have been written by...me. And written about my husband. Scary.