Friday, May 2, 2008

From The (Sass) Mouths of Babes

Skeptical of her mother

We're driving in the car, and Ellie is incessantly pestering me about Jimmy's dropped stuffed animal, an animal he didn't even want, an animal that she insisted he hold, why won't he hold it, GET IT FOR HIM, and so on an so forth.

I say, "Ellie. Please stop. He. Doesn't. Want. The. Toy. It's fine. Please let me drive."

And she replies, speaking slowly and with carefully chosen words, "Mom, you're acting too crabby to me. You're acting like....a CRAZY WOMAN."

Ahem. I have no idea where she gets this stuff.

14 comments:

The Cheap Chick said...

I'm sorry, I have to indulge in my desire to say this...

FIRST!

I'll stop now. What a cutey-pie your child is! Smart mouth and all, you just want to smooch her.

dkuroiwa said...

The picture of your little bundle of sweetness is just darling....but...I can SO see those words coming out of that mouth!!! Too funny!!!

Stu said...

Great picture.

I'm sure she picked it up from the kids at the playground. Yeah, that's got to be it.

-Stu

foolery said...

Wherever she got it, I'm sure it's the same place mine got it. And, since they never went to daycare or preschool or even to a babysitter, I can assume it's from either me or the TV. Yup, gotta be cartoons.

Cheri said...

Dang. She's reading our blogs.

bluemountainsmary said...

Crazy Woman - the kids look at me as if I am but are yet to say it - I know they want to.

Beautiful photo again!

lapoflux said...

Must be your husband's side of the family.

MamaBird said...

I will never forget the day my 2yo said SH*T with perfect inflection. Kids at the playground indeed. I'm with Stu.

Jennifer H said...

I don't know where my kids hear it either. :-)

Lisa Milton said...

Great shot and a great sass-mouth in the making.

Be afraid...

Optimist said...

Hey - you said Please!

You may be crazy but at least you are polite!

xoxo

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Hahaha!!! I snorted.

Ophelia Rising said...

LOVE her expression! :) It's a very familiar one.

standing still said...

Future shrink.