Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pie Guts and Oil of Olay

After returning from Seattle with a nearly bursting suitcase, a camera card full of 478 photos, and a mild case of the crabcake flu, I have been a bit busy. There is so much to show and tell and so little time for the showing and telling, but I will get to it as soon as humanly possible.

In the meantime, I wanted to draw a winner in the Super Special BeanPaste Birthday Prize Pack (aka: big box o' soap) give away. Since the answers were far too funny and/or touching to choose a favorite, I used a random number generator and:

random

Voila! (Well, not really. I had to manually count because Blogger is constantly failing me and doesn't number comments, so thank heavens it was 16 and not 53 or whatever, Blogger.) So, congratulations commenter #16, Rima! (Rima writes a blog called Rimarama, and you should really, really be reading it if you're not already. She is far funnier than I and almost never tries to foist boxes of soap on her readers.)

Incidentally, Rima would like to smell of "pie guts and Oil of Olay" when she is an old woman, and I think we can all agree that is a pretty solid life goal.

14 comments:

the (new) cheap chick said...

Dang it! I was number 17, wasn't I? That's the story of my life - always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a lovely vacation. We missed you! Okay, I should really stop speaking for others, so, I missed you!

hippyhappyhay said...

Congrats Rima.

Now lay those 478 pics on us.

Minnesota Matron said...

Excuse the Matron while she rinses the Pie Gut Facial Masque off her cracking face. She loves Rima! Rama!

bluemountainsmary said...

So good to have you back.

You know I can't wait to see your photos.

And now I am off to check out Rima.

standing still said...

Hope crabcake flu isn't as dangerous as crouton lung. Welcome back.

Rima said...

Awesome! Now I can smell like pie guts, Oil of Olay, and black glycerine. Thanks, Mel!

And welcome back :)

Mark Brown said...

Congrats to Rima - but still, you have to admit that "napalm in the morning" is a darn good answer.

Angie said...

Congrats - Rima!! Damn, guess I better go buy more soap.

justjuli said...

Congrats, Rima!

Melanie - can't wait to hear more about your vacation - once you recover from crabcake flu that is.

wehave9 said...

Can't wait ot see the pics. I am glad to have you back!

Irene said...

Oh, why couldn't it have been me instead of Rima? Sob. I was so looking forward to all those wonderful pieces of soap. Is there anybody I can bribe yet? Come on, you'd do that for me, wouldn't you? I really need that soap to feel completely female. Darn it.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

I do love Rima, but I'm pretty sure there was a dangling chad. I think I was actually number 16. Thanks.

;-)

Welcome back!

iloveupstate.com said...

oooohhh oil of olay does smell dreamy.

i am very mary said...

It totally beats out the cat lady smell, so I give her that one.