Monday, October 13, 2008

BeanPaste I.P.O. (Initial Photographic Offering)

holiday
Cabana with bordermotel
Always drawn to graphic art, I have a real soft spot for vintage signs and typography. I particularly love photographing mid-century motel and hotel signs, and I snapped these over the summer. I've been trying to actually print and use some of my photos, and this series is going up in our tiled 1950's bathroom.

The other news? I finally, tentatively set up an Etsy shingle with my photos, and this series is the first available. Every 8x10 is numbered, signed, and gently clutched to my bosom before mailing.

(PS: I'll be adding more prints this week. Any suggestions or requests?)
(PPS: Warmest thanks to those who encouraged me to do this. LYLAS.)

9 comments:

iloveupstate.com said...

That's awesome!!!

Optimist said...

Melanie - be sure to put your lake picture (the one with the boat and all the layers of blue) on the Etsy site. It's my favorite!

J. said...

These are FABULOUS!!!

justhay said...

Oh brilliantly brilliant!
I must have me some BeanPaste art!

The Boddeker Blog said...

How about iris, lupin, oh! What about the long wall of the bookstore? I NEED that one! Blossom, maybe too!!

Natalie

Christy said...

Yea! Go Melanie...

lori said...

Love the vintage sign photos AND I'm so excited that you started an etsy store! I love your photos.

i am very mary said...

oooooh! Yay! Uh-huh! Sweet! Good! Glad! Bosom - mmmmm.

Sojourner said...

Welcome to Etsy! I think you will find it to be a great way to sell your art. I love it. I love your photography too.