Friday, October 17, 2008

St. Elmo's Frosting

So, yeah, the economy is still kind of collapsing and, man, am I tired of thinking about it. The statement for my old (and already meager) 401k came in the mail today, and I didn't even bother opening it. Friday doldrums antidote?

IMG_9171
Dinosaur cupcakes.

IMG_9173
A dozen of them.

IMG_9172
Inspired by the original dinosaur birthday cake, Ellie and I made these for the cupcake walk at her preschool's Harvest Party and they cheered me up a bit. The buttercream-beater licking didn't hurt, either. We even made a dozen pumpkin cakes for good measure.

IMG_9176
Still not cheered? Desperate times, desperate measures. Let's give this a quick listen:

Better, right? I just listened twice and did some triple toe loops in my heart. Happy Friday, people. This economy may break the boy in us, but it won't break the man.

(Side note: why--WHY?--aren't any of the candidates using this as their campaign song? Are they afraid of kicking too much ass? I am, right here on the Internet, calling official dibs on that campaign song. Gonna be your (wo)man in motion 2024!)

23 comments:

Mike Golch said...

the cup cakes look yummy,thanks for the St Elmos fire sone.

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! Drew would like three, please.

And you know - someone told me this week "we're young, it's not like we were planning on retiring tomorrow... we have enough time to bounce back." Which goes for you, too, since you ARE making cupcakes for PRESCHOOLERS.

:)

ewe are here said...

What a great cupcake idea...love them!

J. said...

Need. Cupcakes. Now. Mmmmmm. Yummy.

St. Elmo's Fire... Ah, Demi Moore, pre-Bruce and pre-boob job (though not pre-drugs). Ah, those were the days. Whatever happened to Emilio Estevez?

Lisa Milton said...

Can I come to the cakewalk because dinosaur cupcakes are in order?

Very cute.

togetherforgood said...

Those are some rocking cupcakes.

Lee said...

Beautiful cupcakes!!

iloveupstate.com said...

those dinosaur cupcakes rock the house!!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Frosting--that's what I need! Thanks for reminding me.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

If that's your campaign song and you can make cupcakes like those? You've got my vote.

Nora Bee said...

St. Elmo's Fire ROCKS, yall. Still humming away....

Irene said...

I am drooling over the cupcakes. Are the dinosaurs edible as well? The economy haunts us here as well. You guys need a good president.

Becky said...

I think I could climb the highest mountain if I had some of those cupcakes! And I laughed actually out loud when you asked if the candidates are afraid of being too awesome. Thanks for the grin!

Mrs. G. said...

I'm afraid that song is taken--it's the theme song of my life.

Midwest Mommy said...

Ok, second blog I just read with sweets in YUMMY! Those look awesome.

Renee said...

I love the cupcakes! The song brings back some serious rockin' memories! What a blast from the past....

Christy said...

Maybe now that Powell's onboard, Obama will finally jump on that FABULOUS campaign song. 'Course, he might have to work on his mullet first...

apathy lounge said...

Love those cupcakes! And you've just given me another idea for my iPod downloads. Or is it uploads? John Parr rocks.

The Girl Next Door said...

yeah me and my ever-shrinking 401K and a bottle of wine on friday night - that was us. why did I open that statement?!

your cupcakes look entirely too yummy to eat!

the cheap chick said...

That's what our country needs, MORE CUPCAKES. It's hard to wage war when you're snacking on tasty frosted goodness.

heidi said...

screw the economy AND the 401k. More dinosaur cupcakes for everyone!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

St. Elmo's Fire; you're genius. You have reignited the lusty teen angst in my heart - choosing between adorable good Andrew McCarthy and hot naughty Rob Lowe. Stu will thank you later for the projected response.

And MMmmMMmm cupcakes.

Minnesota Matron said...

The Matron's recent dental work means she can barely eat! This just killed her--she's that hungry!