Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Reruns

(This week I began plotting our 2008 Christmas card design in earnest, hopeful that I will avoid the last-minute layout, print, glue, stuff, lick, mail frenzy. Ha, ha, aren't I cute, with my hopes? But, still, I am officially Feeling A Lot Like Christmas. So, by not-even-a-little-bit-popular demand, here again are The BeanPaste Family's Rejected Christmas Card Designs of 2007. Enjoy. I'll just be over here, digesting pie.)

(...)At any rate, I'll wait a few days to unveil the final design, which features many dewy, angelic, luminous, serene photos of my children. In the meantime, here are some rejected card designs that give a fuller, perhaps more journalistic depiction of the year that was 2007:

11 comments:

stephanie (bad mom) said...

Any of those would be bloody better than some of the schlock we get in the mail...Did I say that out loud? I've had too much wine.

(I'm going to say it again, at the risk of becoming Stalker Reader - I'd love to live in your neighborhood). Merry Christmas, dearest.

Magpie said...

I would vote for "may all your Christmases be white", myself.

bipolarlawyercook said...

I'm dreaming of a Eucerin-slathered dino christmas, myself.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think you could sell #2 to Hallmark. Seriously.

Lisa Milton said...

I remember these. Good then, good now.

We are amping up for the 2008 rendition; I'm feeling sassy.

PicaboMama said...

Thank you...I needed to laugh!

kellyg said...

Oh, wow. This means I've been reading BeanPaste for a year now. That was the entry that made me put you in my regular reading bookmark folder.

Ok, that and the One About the Roomba. love it!

justhay said...

Hahahahaha

Peace on Earth

Hahahahahaha

Becky said...

LOL, I am dying. I wish I got more Christmas cards like these!

richgold said...

I choose sleep in heavenly peace, or white christmas. Seriously, they're fun and good and worth going for.

I did one like this with one of the "bad" group photos of the kids. One was trying to leave, another looked like he was doing the monkey scratch, another one looked like she was in mid chew (who gave her gum!) and the fourth was looking peaceful, at ease and in the direction of the camera. THAT's the one chosen for my Christmas cards this year!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

Well done!