Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Year Ago, I Knew Very Little About The Following Dozen Topics

DSCN2030

And in the ensuing year, I have become a reluctant, foot-dragging expert about every last one.

1. Learning Disabilities

2. Homeschooling

3. Homeschooling Someone With Learning Disabilities

4. Going to Disneyland

5. Coupons

6. Losing My Religion (Again)

7. Secular Humanism

8. Public Art Installations

9. Sending Someone With Learning Disabilities to Plain Old Public School

10. Lice (see item nine)

11. Ruptured Appendixes

12. Planning Weddings Around Ruptured Appendixes

And I think that about brings us up to speed on 2011, that magnificent bastard of a year.  We should probably start at number one, because she's a doozy.

6 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I think that sums it up very nicely! But if you are talking about a 5 or 6-year-old boy, I'd be slow to take up the learning disabilities label. Some of them simply aren't ready for school. Feel free to email me if you want to talk.

For lice, google Cetaphil cleanser/lice. I have WAY too much experience in this area.

I hope 2012 goes more smoothly!

T said...

I hope Disneyland was fun, and I hope 2012 turns out to be much, much better.

J. said...

Personally, I think #4 is the root of all the other problems (since I can no longer blame the wood paneling).

Here's to no more emergency surgeries or lice, discovering new abilities, and more BeanPaste posts in 2012!

[Dare I ask how the photography business is going?]

graceunderpressure said...

So glad to see your new post, and groaned all the way through it. Have lived through restricting all stuffed animals to a sealed plastic bag for 2 weeks, thank you very much, as well as having 3 kids break out in chicken pox in a foreign country. Some years are like that... even in Australia. Did anything good happen?

Lori said...

I was just thinking of you/your blog today & then you show up in my reader! (nothing creepy--I was thinking of making spiced pecans)

I'm glad you're back. It sounds like a doozy of a year!

planetnomad said...

Some years are just so memorable! I'm just glad you're back. I never blogged my most memorable year but it involved a murder and a coup d'etat. That's supposed to make you feel that you're not alone but I'm rereading what I just typed and wondering if it's really coming across...